COSO Internal Control Certificate Program offers you a unique opportunity to develop your expertise in designing, implementing and monitoring a system of internal control and a digital badge to display and share with your professional network.
Designing and implementing an effective system of internal control can be
challenging, and adapting to rapidly changing business models, new
technologies, or globalisation requires that system to be agile. An internal
control system requires the use of judgment to monitor and assess its
effectiveness, and it must provide insight on the application of controls.
The new Certificate, through a blend of self-paced learning and live classroom training, offers you a unique opportunity to develop an expertise in designing, implementing, and conducting an internal control system. This 25,5 credit program takes you through the Framework from start to finish and, through the use of real-world scenarios, allows you to:
- Understand the principles-based approach.
- Identify and analyse risks.
- Develop confidence in the internal control system.
- Learn from experts and share your experiences with your peers
Upon completion of the pre-work (two online modules) and the training program, you’ll be eligible to sit for the exam and earn your certificate.
The program includes the following:
Pre-work: Two self-study modules that takes approximately 4,5 hours to complete
Training Program: 5 morning sessions of 4 hours from Monday to Friday,
each comprising self learning content, case studies and a 10am to 12 am
(CET) live session.
Online Exam: Complete the exam (50 multiple choice questions divided into 11 sections) at the date and time that works best for you within 90 days of finishing the learning program.
Certificate and Digital Badge: You will receive a PDF certificate suitable for printing and framing and a digital badge that can be easily shared with your professional network.
Who will benefit?
- Accounting & financial professionals who work in internal controls and would like to develop expertise on the latest framework.
- CFO’s, Finance directors, Firm partners, Non-Financial, Non-Accounting – Directors, Managers, Staff and others with duties critical to the system of internal control in business or government.
- Overview of the Framework
- Control Environment
- Risk Assessment
- Control Activities
- Information and Communication
- Monitoring Activities
– Provide an introduction to key concepts of the Framework
– Allow you to think about the Framework in the context of your own entity
– Covered topics:
- Types of objectives
- Components of internal control
- Principles and points of focus
- Roles and responsibilities
- Limitations of internal control
You will get 25,5 CPE for attending.