If you are interested in contributing to the improvement and efficiency of a truly global humanitarian organization that provides assistance to over 9 million refugees and internally displaced persons, we want to hear from you.
The Norwegian Refugee Council delivers high-quality aid, protecting people forced to flee and supporting them as they build a new future. NRC works in new and protracted crises across 30 countries, providing food assistance, clean water, shelter, legal aid, and education.
The role of Internal Audit is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight, applying a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Internal Audit reports to the Board/the Risk and Audit Committee and is developing to work according to international audit standards and associated framework (Insititute of Internal Auditors).
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in delivering on Internal Audits objectives and mandate and act as the Head of Internal Audit in her absence
- Conduct and document internal audits (assurance and advisory assignments) in accordance with the standards and methodologies
- Promote NRC organizational learning
- Development, review and improvement of relevant tools and methodologies for internal audit
- Monitor process of management response and implementation of audit recommendations
- Facilitate information exchange and coordination with other NRC control functions
- Assist in internal audit annual planning and reporting to the Board/The Risk and Audit Committee, Secretary General and relevant managers
- Travel to NRC locations will be expected
- Higher academic education with topics within internal and / or external auditing, finance, business management, legal, governance or IT. Relevant practice can outweigh the formal education requirement
- Certification in internal auditing is desirable, such as Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) and Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is essential. Fluency in Norwegian and French is desirable
We will also emphasize
- Experience in auditing and/or in finance, business management, legal-work or from governance, risk, control, compliance or IT functions
- Experience from complex organisations with international exposure
- Preferably knowledge of the humanitarian field and management of funding and grants
- Knowledge of programming issues and support systems in large humanitarian agencies
- Excellent analytical skills and good judgement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and delivering results
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
- This is a permanent position with a start date as soon as possible.
- Located at the NRC Head Office in Oslo.
- Being part of a strongly committed team in an international work environment.
- Please note that salary will be assessed individually by considering the position and candidate.