The European Space Agency is looking for an Internal Auditor for its Headquarters in Paris (France) or its European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk (the Netherlands).
Your will be responsible for conducting audits of the Agency’s activities and management consultancy assignments, in accordance with international professional standards, including
Assessing the adequacy of the Agency’s governance processes and internal control practices with regard to:
- promoting appropriate ethics and values within ESA
- ensuring effective organisational performance management and accountability
- ensuring significant risks are assessed and appropriate risk mitigation measures identified and implemented
Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of checks regarding the:
- reliability and integrity of financial and operational information
- effectiveness and efficiency of operations and programmes
– Compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and contracts.
– Analysing potential weaknesses and improvement opportunities in the Agency’s governance, risk management and control processes, formulating action plans with the relevant organisational units and following-up on their implementation.
– Conducting investigations into suspected malpractice.
– Performing planning, administrative and management activities for the Internal Audit Service.
- Sound understanding of the concepts of internal audit
- Knowledge and understanding of the ESA business and its associated risks
- Demonstrable experience in risk management
- Analytical skills
- Relationship Management
- Results Orientation
Applicants for this post should have a Master’s degree in engineering, business administration or another relevant discipline, with a minimum of three years of experience of internal audit in an international environment.
Candidates should be a certified internal auditor or equivalent. A certified competence in auditing management information systems would be highly advantageous. Applicants must demonstrate excellent analytical, communication and coordination skills and the ability to provide quality synthetic output against tight deadlines.
Closing date for applications is 12 August 2020.
For a complete job description and to apply, click HERE.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer offering competitive salaries exempt from national income tax, and excellent employment conditions, that take into account the particular needs of professionals and their families. These include allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
As a guideline, the net monthly salary for an experienced auditor (with approximately 20 years of relevant experience) ranges from €7000 to €9000, depending on composition of family.
ESA Staff members are appointed as International civil servants for an initial period of four years, usually followed by a contract extension for an indefinite period.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/