Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA)
CCSA, CFSA, CGAP Transition
The IIA is committed to providing a clearly defined, professionally relevant suite of global certifications to support internal auditors as they progress through their careers.
Based on the results of multiple global market studies and recent market demands, the following certifications will be repositioned as follows:
Your CCSA, CFSA, and CGAP certification will…
If you hold one of these certifications, you may be eligible to obtain your Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) through a CIA Challenge Exam. Learn more.
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Challenge Exam
As part of our continued commitment to the professional development of those who hold an active status CCSA, CFSA, or CGAP designation as of 31 December 2018, The IIA is offering a limited-time CIA Challenge Exam for qualified individuals.
The CIA is The IIA’s premier, globally recognized certification for internal auditing. Having CIA after your name proves your credibility and proficiency. Now is the optimum time for those who are qualified to take advantage of the CIA Challenge Exam.
|Eligibility Requirements for CIA Challenge Exam
- You must earn the CCSA, CGAP or CFSA certification by 31 December 2018. AND
- Your CCSA, CFSA, or CGAP certification must be active at the time of applying and sitting for the CIA Challenge Exam.
||The CIA Challenge exam will…
- Be 150 questions.
- Take about three (3) hours to complete.
- Be based on the gap between the CCSA, CFSA, or CGAP certification you currently hold and the 2019 CIA syllabi.
- Emphasize the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
||Challenge Exam Registration
- Apply, register, and schedule your CIA Challenge Exam 1 April 2019–15 December 2020.
- Take your exam in English 1 July 2019–31 December 2020.
- Those wishing to take the exam in Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Portuguese, Turkish, or Spanish may do so 1 January 2020–31 December 2020.